Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android,uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone using 'Your Phone' app in W10 to connect to an Android phone?

I've just acquired a bluetooth adapter for my W10 (1909) desktop PC and
have tried to set it up to provide hands-free control of my Moto G6+
phone running Android 9. [The phone works fine in my car - where I can
make and receive calls using the car's speaker and microphone.]

I was expecting the PC to work the same way but it doesn't! The phone
and PC pair ok using BT, and I can see my texts, photos, address book
and call log on the PC. I can use the PC to dial calls - but I don't
hear ringtone or speech through the PC's speakers. I don't hear it at
all unless I click on 'use phone' - when I can then hear it on the
phone, but that defeats the whole object of the exercise. For incoming
calls, both the phone *and* the PC ring - compared with the car where
only the car speaker rings.

Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong?
--
Cheers,