Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Phone line and Broadband contract for 9 months?

tim... wrote:

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 07/07/2020 18:33, Theo wrote:
JoeJoe wrote:
That time of year is fast approaching, and am looking for a contract for
a contract for a student that only lasts 9 months.

Do they exist? Or will I have to take a 12 months one, cancel and after
the admin fees take a small refund?

https://broadband.moneysavingexpert.com/
tick contract length '1 month'

Substantially more expensive than taking one of the good deals and paying
for the 3 unused months...

not in the slightest bit surprised

Personally I would pay for 12 months, be really pleased that competition
has made this product so cheap, and note that the unused 3/12 is worth a
lot less than than the extra cost of arranging a monthly or bespoke 9
month contract.

Like (a recent example) 1kg of staples costs a lot less than 6-700g in
small packets; if I didn't want to keep the leftover half pound I'd
recycle them with a clear conscience, confident I'd still got a good
bargain because of economies of scale. Or in this instance economies of
being the most popular tariff.

--

Roger Hayter