xrongor

Default Good Plumber or Bad Plumber?

ya the more i think about it this whole job smells of a ripoff artist.

randy

"NoOne N Particular" wrote in message
om...
I would wonder at what point he knew that your original valve was ok. If

he
didn't find out until the job was finished and he was looking at the
original valve, that's one thing. If he knew very early on that your

valve
was ok, and then didn't give you the option having him continue or not,
that's bad plumber. But I hafta say that it seems like an experienced
competent plumber most likely would have known. On the surface, it

sounds
like rip to me.

Wayne

"Robert Fenster" wrote in message
In my basement the pressure release valve, right where the water comes

in
the house, gave way. Started spraying water all over the place.

I immediately shut off the water with the cut off directly below the
pressure valve. That stopped the spray, but water was still running at
about a gallon every 10 minutes. I opened a tap in the basement and one
outside. But water was still running. Called plumber. He said that

PRV
was gone, and it looked as if my shut off was gone/leaking too.

He instructed me to turn off water at the street, and he would be here
tomorrow to replace PRV and add a secondary shut off.

The next day, plumber shows up replaces PRV and adds new shutoff above

the
PRV.

He then tells me there was nothing wrong with my original shutoff.

I asked him, why then did he add a new shutoff, if mine was already

working,
and why did he add it above the PRV? What possible use could that

server.

He told me that with the two shutoffs, I could isolate my PRV.

Is that something I would ever need to do? Did plumber do me a favor by
making my situation better, or did he sell me a $150 useless shutoff

just
make a buck?

Thanks

Bob