Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Water pressure

On 07/07/2020 13:58, Andy Burns wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

The height would vary with the size of the "nozzle" e.g. an open hose
will not project water anywhere near as high as one fitted with a
spray of some kind.

As I originally mentioned, this varies from 18" for the open 3/4"
connector to 4m for the smallest opening I can make with my thumb over it.

If that corresponded to only 4m of actual pressure, then you ought to be
able to stop the flow from the tap quite easily with your thumb...

ISTM more likely the PRV is defective - I have seen them fail
"blocked" before.

I wondered about that, but other than unscrewing the black cap and
finding the spring within, nothing else looked accessible, I should have
brought it home to look at ...

Or try it on your supply and see if it behaves differently.

--
Cheers,

John.