Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Ladders

On 07/07/2020 11:23, Jon Schneider wrote:

I've noticed modern ladders have stabiliser bars which possibly can't be
removed once fitted.

You mean the extra wide bar they fit on the bottom where the feet used
to be?

As in the photo:

https://www.laddersandscaffoldtowers...n-Ladders.html

I have a 52cm gap between my conservatory and next door's brick one and
I'd like to look at the gutters up there. If all new ladders have these
things what is the official way of doing a job like this with a new
ladder ? I'd rather not buy a used one.

Ah, yup see what you mean - you want to lean the ladder against the
house wall, but have a conservatory either side of you and they are only
a bit more than a ladder's width apart.

You may find you can buy a set of replacement foot pads along with the
ladder, and fit those instead of the bar. e.g:

https://www.laddersandscaffoldtowers...ment-Foot.html

--
Cheers,

John.