Posted to uk.d-i-y
John J Armstrong John J Armstrong is offline

Default Edinburgh flat with workshop

On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 19:40:30 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

Definately lived in by a very frugal Scot, going by the
decor. Even the paisley carpets look a bit 'odd'.

Period drama or film companies would pay big bucks to
hire a place like that though.

What exactly does 'Offers over £620,000' really mean with
the Scottish system ?.

I don't think there's been much done to that flat decor wise, and
probably electrics and plumbing, since the 70s. There's a fireplace
that dates from the 40s or 50s.

"Offers over" means "We really don't want less than this, but if we
don't get any offers, we'll (have to) reduce the price." As others
have said here, I'd normally expect it to go for much more than
£620,000, but with Covid19 around, who knows?