Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default OT This time tomorrow I will have been to the pub

On 06/07/2020 11:12, T i m wrote:

I sort of get it if you are there for the beer

I doubt if many pubs would opt for a minimum spend unless on the first
day they were attempting to put off anyone except in small groups also
wanting a meal. There are some (failing) pubs that seem to rely
completely on the Sunday lunchtime type trade, and then only on a sunny
weekend.

.... because you can
only get your favourite beer that way. I went to a CAMRA event with a
mate who was into his 'real ales' but as I'm not (prefer my drink
chilled and less 'beery' (so lager)), there wasn't much for me there.

You were probably given the wrong advice about what to drink and you
opted for what your mate liked. All decent beer festivals will have a
range between very light hoppy beers through to dark malty beers with
everything in between, and with a wide range of taste.