Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Edinburgh flat with workshop

On 06/07/2020 22:12, wrote:
On Monday, 6 July 2020 20:18:46 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
Also if someone offers £620,001 and is a cash buyer, but
someone else offers £625,000 but needs to faff about getting
a mortgage, can the seller decide which offer to take ?.

Yes, the seller is not bound to accept the highest, or any, offer.

When I worked in an estate agent's office, we had the situation that we really, really, wanted the lower offer to win (as we were handling the buyer's mortgage, which would bring us thousands more in commission than we got through the property sale).

Remember though that in the Scottish system the offer is binding on the buyer immediately it is accepted without qualification by the seller, so the buyer had better have his mortgage already sorted out. When I bought, it was just over three weeks to do the conveyance from offer to moving in.

Owain

when you could listen to cellphones on a scanner I used to listen to all
the dodgy practices...one day there was a valuation surveyor on to
somebody he was asking the surveyor to up his valuation for some
financial reason and he did reluctantly....shower of crooks....