Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Splice 220 volt 6 gauge line outside- is it safe?

On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 22:17:22 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 7/6/2020 6:44 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 13:32:32 -0500, dpb wrote:

...snip...

I'm still wondering where those two conduits came from/go to...inside
this box is NOT where the feed was cut I'm sure...what was done where
that occurred to get the pieces to this point to make the
connection/splices?

They may have pulled up the existing cut cable, mounted the box
wherever that was easy to land the end and ran new wire the rest of
the way.

They _may_ indeed, but if a frog had wings, too...

The OP said
Our contractor accidentally cut the 220 volt 6 gauge line that ran from our
main electrical box to a panel that operates our spa and outdoor lighting. His
fix was to splice the lines in a junction box.

Then he posted a picture of the box. I am not sure how else you read
that.