Hamilton Audio

Default humidity in the house?

I wondered....

regulated inside temp all winter = about 70 deg
average outside temp during winter = about 0 deg or less

Yes, the humidistat did move up and down some, but still stays at 60% right
now!! The dehumidifier I had
did not frost up. I agree....I'm going to have to get a good humidistat!!

The windows in the house are all wood framed, double pane glass from 1984.
Brand is unknown but the
glass is labelled as Twinsulite II. The windows were essentially sweating
somewhat, no moisture on the walls
I don't like the idea of water streaking down the window frame, sitting
there deteriorating paint/drywall and perhaps
getting in behind...

any ideas on how to lower??

"m Ransley" wrote in message
60% humidity sounds wrong, what kind of humidistat do you have . Was it
calibrated, Taylor sells them up to 25% out of calibration, Menards, Ace
all had the same junk. I had to find a large display analog and
calibrate it. 60% rh at 10f or less and your exterior walls would be
literaly wet and your windows would have puddles under them. A little
condensation as you describe happens, but depending on window type may
not be a concern.
Do you have dual pane argon, what brand . What temp do you keep the
house in, farenheit. Dehumidifiers can frost some as high as 67f and
not work. What are winter temp ranges in, farenheit.
First you need a good humidistat.