HVAC IsFun

Default Lennox furnace / AC

My Service/Installation experience with Lennox is good...although on one
installation, the draft inducer fan motor took a very long time to come
up to speed. More than usual. Then, on a recent service call on a
Lennox 80% gas furnace, i had to replace a draft inducer assembly and
the furnace was less than 8 years old.

Be aware that, major brands like Carrier, Trane, and Lennox all spend
millions of dollars on marketing and advertising. thus, they load that
money into thier product . If Brand Name recognition is important to you
and you think it might be to the next buyer of your home...then Lennox
is a good choice. There are other less familiar brands..at least to the
HO...that are just as reliable, efficient, and function the same in
operation... for a whole lot less money . Goodman for instance, is
ranked number 2 in national residential heating and cooling equipment
marketshare according to the documentation i have , yet they dont do
TV/radio/superbowl game/billboard advertising ; they have a new line of
equipment which came out a few y ears ago and has proven to be very
reliable and well engineered. Oct. 1998 Consumer Reports gave high
recognition to Goodman as a key player. I have Goodman in my house. Of
course if you talk to a dedicated Lennox or Trane dealer, they are going
to knock Goodman ...and every other brand virtually.

The choice is yours . Just be aware that as far as longevity is
concerned, all the popular brands last about the same length.

Dave, Owner