Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bosch 10.8V drill

I'm surprised ast such self destruction, Bosch are normally well up on
stopping that sort of thing, indeed many of their devices simply stop or
slow down if a fault is detected.
You got the black pea in the harvest!
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"PeterC" wrote in message
My 10.*V Bosch Pro d/d emitted sparkles and magic smoke yesterday. I
assume
that it hash brushes as this was near the rear end and I could see what
looked like the commutator in the sparks.
It's 5 years old and hasn't had heavy use - the Makita 18V combi has had
far
more use - and over 8 years, although it now has a Floureon NiMH battery
that, so far, seems to be doing well.

Do you think that it's repairable? If not, I'll be tempted to get another
10.8V - the Makita 12V d/d seems big and heavy now.

Not sure about getting another Bosch, although a bare one and no charger
would be cheaper so long as the battery fits.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away