Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Bosch 10.8V drill

My 10.*V Bosch Pro d/d emitted sparkles and magic smoke yesterday. I assume
that it hash brushes as this was near the rear end and I could see what
looked like the commutator in the sparks.
It's 5 years old and hasn't had heavy use - the Makita 18V combi has had far
more use - and over 8 years, although it now has a Floureon NiMH battery
that, so far, seems to be doing well.

Do you think that it's repairable? If not, I'll be tempted to get another
10.8V - the Makita 12V d/d seems big and heavy now.

Not sure about getting another Bosch, although a bare one and no charger
would be cheaper so long as the battery fits.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away