Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Electronic components requirement.

On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 06:39:59 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

snip

I would recommend both a "precision" type cutter AND something more
heavy duty - from someone who has the T shirt from attempting to cut
mains wire with a small pair of cutters before deciding to get off his
arse to fetch something more appropriate

I think a common cause of failure of small cutters is using them for things they really don't have the strength for.

I think you are right.

I had a lovely pair of close side cutters I'd had and used for *years*
and because they were good and seemed to cut anything and easily, one
day I pushed that too far. ;-(

I think it might have been the time after I pushed them too far as
they failed very easily.

They may have been from my BT says (so over 45 yeas old) as I had my
name melted inside the handle grip. I managed to find a clean
identical pair on eBay and swapped the grips over from my broken pair.
;-)

Triggers broom. ;-)

Cheers, T i m