Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electronic components requirement.

On Sunday, 5 July 2020 11:34:58 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 05/07/2020 02:24, tabbypurr wrote:

Effective wire cutters are cheap, but cheap ones damage the first time iron wire is cut. Even lower on the curve are ones where the blades don't line up.

Tell me about it - I purchased some (finger/toe) nail scissor/clippers a
few months back and after failing to cut anything I examined the blades

BTW one type I do recommend (for finger/toe nails) are the Scholl
branded one I purchased later
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Slightly back on topic
I would recommend both a "precision" type cutter AND something more
heavy duty - from someone who has the T shirt from attempting to cut
mains wire with a small pair of cutters before deciding to get off his
arse to fetch something more appropriate

I think a common cause of failure of small cutters is using them for things they really don't have the strength for.

NT