Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Pubs with out of date beer barrels

On 05/07/2020 14:04, S Viemeister wrote:

Years ago in the US, a friend who knew I drank Guinness gave me a case
of the stuff. The US version tasted nothing like what I drank on this
side of the Atlantic. It was truly dreadful.

Albeit a few years ago, but long after the demise of Watneys as a
brewing entity, I read some good reviews about US Watneys Red Barrel
I believe it was sold in at least one Disney theme park, possibly in an
"English" pub.

At one time, or perhaps still, brand or beer names are just used to
badge locally brewed beer irrespective if there was any taste connection
with the original.