Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq is offline

Default Potted PCB

On Sun, 05 Jul 2020 12:20:40 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Sat, 04 Jul 2020 13:14:23 +0100, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq
wrote:

snip

p.s. As an aside on the subject of staying safe, daughter just went
past our local cafe and noticed the staff (one is from Latvia and she
is brilliant / extra friendly) were struggling without much in the way
of PPE etc. She offered them more visors FOC so I've currently got the
3D printer going, knocking out a batch of visor frames and daughter
has the remains of the pack of acrylic sheets and the 4 hole punch to
finish them. We hope to get them to them tomorrow. ;-)

I did 40 for the Isabel Hospice and 10 for the local doctors surgery.
;-)

Well done!

I guess your actions are almost as beneficial to the UK as waving a
union jack and bellowing like an insane moron at a pro Brexit rally
:-)

Well, hopefully a bit more beneficial than that. Well, except the
chances are the recent batch for the care (than now seems to be two
batches for two cafes) may be protecting the health / lives of the
'foreigners' who work there so I doubt that would appreciated by some
of the fanatical Brexiteers. ;-(

Well, until they wanted their 'Full English' breakfast that is (made
from Danish bacon, Dutch tomatoes, French potatoes and Polish
mushrooms, with only the eggs likely to come from the UK).

Cheers, T i m

Aah! The wonderful thing about blind nationalistic patriotism is that
all the subtleties are superfluous. It boils down to flagwavers and
those" evil" bunch that are not on board.

An amazing approach, well recognised and taken full advantage of by
those that are not quite so nationalistic and move their rescourses
from tax haven to country at the drop of a hat.

I read a very interesting book recently on the production of Zyklon by
the Americans and Germans running up to WW2.

It struck me as to how amazing it is that as the troops are being
urged to sacrifice all for the sake of their country, the
industrialists on both sides are creaming cash off right left and
center.

The other thing I learned was that Adolf got his ideas for eugenics
from the US and Britain.

The con using the patriotic nationality approach has Trump and Brexit
summed up nicely. It rarely fails though :-(

I suppose the UK is actually one up on the US. Trump is the figurehead
for the catastrophe over there, yet in the UK there is no real focus
for the unfolding catastrophe. The idiot in charge now will not be
seen by most for the damaging contribution he is making to all aspects
of government action.

Methinks if Murdoch was put behind bars it would be a good move for
both countries though :-)

AB

From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq