Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Electronic components requirement.

On 04/07/2020 17:41, Arthur Ravenscroft wrote:
On Saturday, 4 July 2020 15:01:19 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 04/07/2020 14:35, Tim+ wrote:

Go on to YouTube and search for €śBig Clive€ť and €śsoldering€ť. Hes got some
good basic soldering advise there and easy to watch a video than read wordy
explanations.

+1 for BigClive

and don't get too hung up about lead free solder which can be the spawn
of the devil. Get 60/40 Tin/Lead Rosin (Flux) Core Solder and life will
be easier.

Example
https://www.rapidonline.com/rapid-60...der-wire-30236

Smaller quantities available on Ebay
Completely random example
https://tinyurl.com/ya2r6vqq

Just tried adding that solder to the basket and the site tells me, I need to have a Credit Account. And the solder will be removed from the basket at check out.

There is a warning near the top of that page

"Please note: This product contains lead and rosin. As of 1st March 2018
the supply of solder containing lead at a concentration above the
relevant limit as set out under Article 67 (by virtue of Annex XVII of
the REACH regulation) is restricted to professional use only."

That's why you buy from Ebay where the sellers of the same will sell to
anyone.