Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq is offline

Default Potted PCB

On Sat, 04 Jul 2020 13:09:51 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Fri, 03 Jul 2020 20:24:35 +0100, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq
wrote:

snip

'Thanks to the EU banning it for general sale in paint strippers in
2011, Nitromors no longer contains the carcinogen and otherwise
dangerous chemical, Methylene Chloride (although Member State
authorities can derogate from this restriction allowing, subject to
conditions, continued supply to, and use by competent professional
users in their territories).'

If we let stupid people vote, then we also have to stop them killing
themselves by using Methylene Chloride / DCM indoors.

I thought this when the statement cropped up. I didn't even bother to
comment!

Nope, it's not worth it most times, they (the anti EU fanatics) aren't
interested in facts and good sense and most of the rest know who they
are and just ignore them.

I did actually point out to the lesser able of this NG some time ago
that it was not difficult to buy the 2kW vacuums, the sodium chlorate
and all the other garbage they seem to think has been snatched from
their mitts by the EU.

Of course. Most of what they cite as being down the EU bogyman (that
they (alone) seem petrified of) is only partially true.

Strangely enough, they didn't even ask where they could go for all
these desireable goodies that they are willing to screw the UK in
order to own.

Nope, why would they, that would show their cause for the fools errand
it has always been (with the total absence of any evidence otherwise).

I am reminded of Trumps morons demanding the freedom to go shopping
and have haircuts yet having no qualms about spreading the infection
and killing their fellow citizens to do it.

Yup, and him going to a fireworks display, with no mask or social
distancing and allowing everone else to do the same. It's as if he
doesn't care about the socially deprived, ethnic minorities and
elderly (the most vulnerable groups)? ;-(

Same stupidity, same outcome.

Quite.

America is finding the truth faster than the Brexit mob though.

I'm afraid this is when 'The cause' (Black Lives Matter, 4Th July etc)
are more important than common sense, like either aren't going to be
around again? It really should be 'live to fight / celebrate another
day', not 'fools rush in ...'.

Wind people up with bogus promises, the classic fanatic Brexiteer
'everything will be ok' bs and these days it seems some really can't
see though it to the reality. I guess when the red mist falls ... ;-(

Cheers, T i m

p.s. As an aside on the subject of staying safe, daughter just went
past our local cafe and noticed the staff (one is from Latvia and she
is brilliant / extra friendly) were struggling without much in the way
of PPE etc. She offered them more visors FOC so I've currently got the
3D printer going, knocking out a batch of visor frames and daughter
has the remains of the pack of acrylic sheets and the 4 hole punch to
finish them. We hope to get them to them tomorrow. ;-)

I did 40 for the Isabel Hospice and 10 for the local doctors surgery.
;-)

Well done!

I guess your actions are almost as beneficial to the UK as waving a
union jack and bellowing like an insane moron at a pro Brexit rally
:-)

AB
From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq