Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Electronic components requirement.

On Fri, 3 Jul 2020 17:53:24 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Saturday, 4 July 2020 01:10:21 UTC+1, Arthur Ravenscroft wrote:
On Friday, 3 July 2020 21:28:50 UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:

You said all that before. I think if you shared what you are trying to
achieve/create you’ll get a lot more useful replies than “buy a Dremel”
etc.

I am building something that the user will slide the stock to be cut into a slot. The slot being only wide enough for for the stock. Imagine the user being too young to use a dangerous power saw. But old enough to use a tool with a fully enclosed rotating saw blade.

that's what those vibrating saws are for

+1

Daughter and I designed and built a dolls house together when she was
about 5 and she used the vibro saw on her own (loosely supervised) for
cutting up the stair treads (there were quite a few as it was a 'town
house' design g) and any of the other smaller bits. That said, she
was a reasonably bright 5 year old.

She also was quite good at soldering (at around the same age) and when
she was a bit older, using the pillar drill and arc welding etc. ;-)

With the right PPE, the right instruction and the right safety guards
in place and working, there is no reason why such things can't be
done.

Cheers, T i m

p.s. I wonder if any of the above was a seed for her skills in
chainsaw carving. ;-)