Bruce

Default Roof ridge vent: a DIY project?

In alt.home.repair
"George Fairbairn" wrote:

I think that John has mixed up "ridge vent" and "sofit vent". The ridge
vent goes on the front and back of the house just below the peak of the
roof. The "sofit vent" or vents go on the sofit, the underside of the roof
edge. I'm afraid that I can't give you much advice in this area either Todd
and I am paying to have someone do this as well. Hope you get a response
from someone who can give you the requested feedback.

No, a ridge vent does exactly what it says, runs on the ridge. I think he
would have no trouble installing one. Pop a couple of chalk lines to saw
by. Use a circular saw with a cheap blade and rip the lines. Tear up the
waste leaving the gap. Install the ridge per the manf recommendations and
cap with shingle tabs. Nothing to it.