Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default older/newer GCH radiator efficiency?

On Friday, 3 July 2020 11:19:23 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Roger Hayter wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:

What I'm saying applies for all practical purposes

At last. Why didn't you state this first?

But good to see you admit you were wrong all this time.

He's not wrong. Producing heat from other forms of energy is one thing
you can do with 100% efficiency, certainly given time for equilibration.
There are no theoretical limitations from thermodynamics.

So you stand by his claim that an electric convector heater is 100%
efficient? Just curious.

I said some are, not all are. Oil filled ones that overheat, glow red hot & catch fire may have more heat output than input

NT