Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default 18V tools: Makita, Ryobi, or DeWalt?

wrote:

I wish I'd known that Ryobi attachments work with a Stihl head. I have
the Stihl Combi system (brush cutter, hedge trimmer, pole saw, blower
and a 1m extension) - an excellent device but the cost made me wince. I
look forward to the day when I can justify replacing the Dakota chainsaw
with a Stihl and end the "start ya *******" sessions before giving-up
and getting the electric saw out.

Im still waiting for my £79 Parkside chainsaw to die but whilst Ive had
to do some repairs the engine has been ridiculously reliable. It very
nearly *always* starts first time. Ten pumps on the primer, full choke,
ignition off, three pulls on the starter, choke off, ignition on, one pull
on the starter and away it goes 99% of the time. It even started first
time *after I told someone that it would*!

Somehow seems all wrong for a two stroke engine. ;-)

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls