Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default 18V tools: Makita, Ryobi, or DeWalt?

In article ,
newshound wrote:
I'm moving over to Lidl 20V Li-Ion for "less frequently used"
stuff since it looks as though my Makita combi drill and impact driver
will both last forever.

It's a quandary, isn't it? Those Lidl tools likely outperform the Ni-cad
Makitas of not so long ago, and at a fraction of the price. I bought the
earlier Lidl 18 volts ones - combi drill, jigsaw and circular saw with a
couple of extra batteries too, and they've been great for my DIY use.

One nice thing about the current Lidl 20v range is the choice of two
battery capacities.

Yes, although you have to wait for them to come into stock if you need
one suddently. The secret is to look on their "offers" pages. "Next
weeks" is dated, the one after that will be for the week after.