Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Veek M[_2_] Veek M[_2_] is offline

Default What's the "minimum Ah input during initial charge" of a lead acid battery

On Fri, 03 Jul 2020 15:07:53 +0000, Veek M wrote:

http://www.agnesbattery.com/sfindustrial/stanqueen.html

For a 12V 150AhC10 battery - we charge at 10%, 15A till the voltage/cell
reaches 2.36V.

So why do we have this 'Minimum Ah input During Initial Charge' setting?
In another spec it says:

"Minimum Ah input 450% of C10 capacity" for a 200Ah C10 battery.
----
450% is something like 900Ah or 4.5 times the base Ah.. wth?

Assuming he means some kind of absolute minimum charging current.. how
would that make sense because the battery starts charging at 10% of C10Ah
which is huge.. 15A..

Also, if the battery is comprised of numerous cells (12V-nominal/2.36Vpc
gives the total cells - 5 cells in series.) So 15A is the charge current
to all the cells.. ergo..

(and another Q, how does he check the per-cell voltage is 2.36V because
if they are in series.. does he just assume when he sees 12V across all
of them?)