Posted to rec.woodworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Need ideas about using bearings for a spinning device

On Friday, July 3, 2020 at 9:53:45 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Hi!

I am a teacher and I want to make a few of these gadgets for a project this fall. ///
Ooh! Now I'm thinking of a roulette wheel. Those spin for a long time.

To both bear weight and spin, a lazy-susan bearing is not really going to spin nicely
(they're intended not to fling the condiments around, there's a lot of friction in
the design).

A phonograph turntable, or a sits-on-a-spiindle cup/point bearing, might be suitable
though. At the high end, an automobile wheel bearing (tapered roller bearing) can
take lots of load (assuming you can machine a mount to hold it...).

https://www.banggood.com/30354045mm-Tapered-Roller-Bearing-Single-Row-Bearing-30306-to-30309-p-1036284.html?rmmds=search&ID=512647&cur_warehouse= CN