Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default 18V tools: Makita, Ryobi, or DeWalt?

On 03/07/2020 13:48, newshound wrote:
On 03/07/2020 09:01, wrote:
I'm tempted to spend some of the kid's inheritance on 18V tools
(they'll probably be less-than impressed to inherit used tools instead
of cash - kids today! ;-) ) and would like some advice from those who
use Mak, Ryobi, DeWalt, etcetera.
I've only just started looking and had expected that Ryobi would be
significantly cheaper, but the price difference is not so great. I've
had a Ryobi scroll saw and a chop saw for many years and both are best
described as "adequate", but the chop saw has recently died and the
Bosch replacement is hugely better (and hugely more expensive).

What do people think of their main brand (18V) tools?
Has anyone here tried the battery adapters for Ryobi-Mak-DeW?

I have had Ryobi but my main kit is now Makita (running on NiCad, but
you can now get third party NiMH replacements that use the same
charger).

You can also get adaptors that let you use LXT batts on the old format
tools (although you will need a new charger).

My original combi and ID from about 2004 are still going strong that way.

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |