Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
newshound newshound is offline

Default Simple fixed windows for van?

On 03/07/2020 11:57, Andrew wrote:
On 03/07/2020 10:04, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
newshound wrote on 02/07/2020 :
Not true, actually. You see them both in coachbuilt horseboxes and in
trailers. The windows are typically not very deep so you might not
see the horse's head from the ground, but the horse gets enough of a
view to give them a frame of reference for the outside world.

Do horses become travel sick?

Horses cannot vomit, or so I always believed. This is why certain
conditions are much more dangerous to them.

Correct, it's all about the geometry. Colic can be a very serious
condition, quite often fatal or requiring major surgery (starting cost
£3k). I was lucky to get away with a night in horse hospital and a bill
£1k last time. (I think they were being nice to me because it was
triggered by what turned out to be an inappropriate wormer).