Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default 18V tools: Makita, Ryobi, or DeWalt?

In article ,
wrote:
I'm tempted to spend some of the kid's inheritance on 18V tools (they'll
probably be less-than impressed to inherit used tools instead of cash -
kids today! ;-) ) and would like some advice from those who use Mak,
Ryobi, DeWalt, etcetera.
I've only just started looking and had expected that Ryobi would be
significantly cheaper, but the price difference is not so great. I've
had a Ryobi scroll saw and a chop saw for many years and both are best
described as "adequate", but the chop saw has recently died and the
Bosch replacement is hugely better (and hugely more expensive).

What do people think of their main brand (18V) tools?
Has anyone here tried the battery adapters for Ryobi-Mak-DeW?

I've used Ryobi One+ for many years. Now that Lithium batteries are
available, I'm very happy and have bought two more (gardening) tools during
lockdown. You have to shop around for good prices, though.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England