Default Heatloss of small terrace house 6.5kW ?

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 22:53:18 -0000, "Will Dean"
wrote:

Unless I'm completely wrong about calculating vent losses, then your air
change figure sounds extremely low. Even at one change an hour (very low
as an average for the house), a three storey 10x10 house is going to need
something like 10*10*7 [height, guess] * 1 * .33 * 24 [tempDrop] = 5.5kW.

How did you do the air-change loss?

Will

Its over 12 years since I did the calcs, and I only have the results
now. I think that I would have used an average of one air change an
hour, but I used -1 outside 21 inside so a 22 temperature drop, and
the house is actually a bit smaller, than it seems. The bottom floor
is smaller than the upper two (built onto a bank), and it has very
thick walls - the 10M is the outside dimension.

Bill