Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Help with rounddown excel formula

On 02/07/2020 09:58, Robin wrote:
On 01/07/2020 23:11, ss wrote:
On 01/07/2020 20:23, Robin wrote:
When I use.
(K10+L10-O10)*$P$77+TRUNC(0.758,2)
It returns 1.508

Eliminate refs to cells we can't see.Â* Paste in a cell

=ROUNDDOWN(0.199,2)

and report the result.

I dont quite understand your reply.

I meant that we cannot know just what your formula involves because it
uses cells in your worksheet.Â* I suggested you test with a simple number
- 0.199 - to see if ROUNDDOWN works.

But I agree with others that it's not worth bothering about differences
of a penny or so.Â* And if you really want to pursue it then you need you
to first work out which method your supplier is using to arrive at its
VAT total.

While true, it is useful to understand how to do financial calcs in such
a way that you don't run into rounding errors along the way. A penny on
a single gas bill is nothing to worry about, a penny on everybody's bill
is quite a different matter!

--
Cheers,

John.