Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Polishing Cut Perspex Rod

Used to be a product called Perspex polish in a tube tat looked like some
substance in a kind of lint stuff.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"T i m" wrote in message
On Wed, 1 Jul 2020 19:24:46 +0100, Brian Reay wrote:

I need to polish the ends of a few (well 4 bits) of short perspex rod,
about 3mm in diameter after cutting. The bits of rod are to form 'light
pipes' in a display- each has an LED at one end.

Any ideas how best to polish the ends?

Fine wet-n-dry (going finer as you go, possibly used wet), held over a
very flat surface and the rods held up as a bunch of 4 taped together
if they are very close in length ... or individually if not and rubbed
back and forth whilst rotating slowly till the finish is a good as can
be, then finish with some T-Cut or similar on some cotton / denim,
also held tight over flat surface.

Or if it doesn't matter if the end isn't perfectly flat and you don't
mind a bit of scatter, use a polishing mop and wax on a Dremel,
keeping the speed down.

If it were here I might first put them in the lathe and then put them
on the linisher.

Cheers, T i m