Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Polishing Cut Perspex Rod

On Wednesday, 1 July 2020 22:30:58 UTC+1, Martin Brown wrote:
On 01/07/2020 22:15, Clive Arthur wrote:
On 01/07/2020 19:24, Brian Reay wrote:

I need to polish the ends of a few (well 4 bits) of short perspex rod,
about 3mm in diameter after cutting. The bits of rod are to form
'light pipes' in a display- each has an LED at one end.

Any ideas how best to polish the ends?

If you have a spare to practice on, I'd sand the end best you can then
wave it in a blowtorch flame.

Flame polishing might be the easiest solution if it doesn't have to be
optically flat.

+1, it's way way quicker. Should be good enough for an LED light pipe. In some cases rough is good enough.

NT