Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Help with rounddown excel formula

On 01/07/2020 20:26, ss wrote:
On 01/07/2020 19:38, Tim+ wrote:
ss wrote:
On 01/07/2020 17:19, Pamela wrote:
On 17:11Â* 1 Jul 2020, ss said:

I have this formula
=(K10+L10-O10)*$P$77
the answer is 0.758

I want to use rounddown (I think) so that the answer is 0.75

I tried formatting the cell to 2 x decimal points but that takes it
to 0.76

Anyone?

You could truncate the number using Excel's TRUNC fucntion.

When I use.
(K10+L10-O10)*$P$77+TRUNC(0.758,2)
It returns 1.508

I think thats because youve not only calculated your answer, but then
added on the truncated form of 0.758.Â* (0.758 + 0.75 = 1.508)

At a guess I would expect something more like
=TRUNC((K10+L10-O10)*$P$77),2. (To be honest , I dont do excel any more
and the last 2 might be meant to be inside he last bracket).

TRUNC((K10+L10-O10)*$P$77,2) that worked

Im no expert but I cant see why youve typed in the answer (0.758) that
your sheet should be calculating.

Thats what it was calculating

ok so that rounded .758 to .75, which unfortunately didnt solve my
problem.Â* It has to do with my gas bill/statement, it is 1p out.
All my figures on spreadsheet match the statement figures but for some
reason excel is adding an extra 1p and I am damned if I can find it.

See attached, I`ll get it eventually, if I auto sum the 3 figures
concerned in a separate cell it gives me the £15.90 (correct answer) but
in the spreadshhet it returns £15.91 (the CV figure is correct) I just
cant work out where it is picking up the extra 1p.

https://imgur.com/cInzoSb

Maybe at the other end they are calculating to more significant figures
than they are presenting in your bill. In which case "your" calculation
might well be out by 1p.