Christian McArdle

Default Toilet positioning, confused...

But don't do it like far too many installations I've seen and tile the
whole lot up solid afterwards. You *will* need maintenance access to
the cistern, pipework and pan connector at some point.

It took many days of thinking before I worked out how to do mine without a
horrible hatch in the worktop or wall. In the end, I designed it with a
small top panel that slotted behind a horizontal trim that ran the full
length of the cabinet at handle height. This gave some access to the cistern
for inspection and allowed you to remove the handle. This allowed you to
release the large bottom panel, which gave access to the entire cistern.
Since I fitted it, I had to replace the entire syphon, so I'm glad I did!
The panels were T&G boarding with about 30 coats of varnish.

Christian.