Posted to alt.home.repair
Dogma Dogma is offline

Default How to physically secure a cell phone?

wrote:
I help run a homeowners' association and our clubhouse needs a phone as part of its insurance requirements (for calling 911 etc). Landline was costing $33/month and so we're considering ways to switch to a cheap pre-paid cell phone service. Or even no formal service and just rely on the cell phone's ability to reach 911 services.
The problem is: we can't figure out a way to physically secure any type of cell phone (even a cheap old/repurposed flip phone) to be tethered to the wall so that a kid can't just walk away with it. Yes, there's a security camera pointed at the wall, but we still need a physical deterrent that won't get in the way of emergency use. And, of course, it will need to be perpetually plugged into its charger, but there's an outlet nearby so that's not a problem.
Any/all ideas appreciated.
Thank you.
Theodore

Call the phone company and see if they can put in a pay phone.