Posted to uk.d-i-y
pamela pamela is offline

Default Bowing of cooling panel inside fridge

On 20:21 30 Jun 2020, alan_m said:
On 30/06/2020 20:02, alan_m wrote:
On 30/06/2020 19:48, Pamela wrote:

What would cause the cooling panel at the back of a fridge to expand a
couple of inches into the food compartment?Â* You can see it in this
photo. The bowing over most of the large cooling panel at the rear is
NOT a curved part of the design.

https://ibb.co/pL6s7qw

The panel expanded within 24 hours and pushed the top shelves out of
their supports.Â* It's a BEKO model CF5015APW.

Has something has happened within the cooling element itself?

someone left the door ajar and there is a mass of ice pushing out the
panel.

Auto defrost/frost free? Any ice/frost has turned to water during a
auto defrost cycle but the drain hole is blocked and the water has
become ice again but now in an inappropriate place. On my fridge the
drain leads to a pipe which terminates in a open tray on top of the
compressor. In normal use the compressor runs hot which evaporates the
water in the tray. Perhaps the pipe on your fridge is blocked?

The drain hole inside the fridge isn't blocked but I'll check for a
blockage in the long drain tube at the back which carries water to the
drip tray.

The fridge was turned up in the recent hot spell and maybe that caused
it.