Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Pubs with out of date beer barrels

On 30/06/2020 20:02, Andrew wrote:
On 30/06/2020 19:07, Jimk wrote:
alan_m Wrote in message:
On 30/06/2020 14:30, Jimk wrote:
alan_m Wrote in message:
On 30/06/2020 12:15, Jimk wrote:

Fsv of "beer" you mean? like "cough-tinental" larger & guinness
Â*Â*Â* (black larger)

I've known pubs where poor cellarmanship can F*** ** nearly everything
that comes out of the pumps.

Lager liking, nouvelle ££ cuisine selling, gastro bollox amateurs
Â*Â* IME & O

Not necessarily. There is sometimes an obvious reason why some
"traditional" pubs fail while the one 100 metres up the road is crowded.

Tits?

Probably not, if it is in Soho :-)

In my long drinking experience, pubs with topless barmaids etc. only
seem to last a few months. The pricing policy soon drives people to
drink elsewhere.

The other mistake I've seen is to replicate a theme pub, that may work
as a one off in London, to the rest of the country. They may get short
term trade until the novelty quickly wears off.

While there may be is a place for novelty pubs and pubs with elevated
prices the vast majority in the UK are not of this type and have to
compete with supermarkets for alcohol sales.

It may take two years to build a pub trade but only two weeks or less to
lose it. I've seen too many new landlords/managers come into a once busy
pub and virtually empty it, and then complain that the customer owes
them a living.