Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Scissor sharpening - done it.

No the foil is normally used to get rid of sticky deposits, not sharpen
them!
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in
message ...
Over the years, I have many times tried and failed to sharpen scissors.
Lots of blunt scissors here and our last two pairs of sharp ones became
useless last week for hair cutting, so I ordered some new ones.

Nothing to lose, I did a bit of research on scissor sharpening methods and
decided to have a go with a set of diamond files I happened to have. In
the past, I have only tried filing with a normal file, the small edge of
the blade, with a normal, fine, metal file.

This time I used my fine diamond file, on the wide flat of the blade and
on the narrow edge of the blade. It worked, good as new, so I tackled the
rest of the scissors with success.

One sharpening method used fine wet and dry type paper, just using the
scissors to cut the paper - I just couldn't understand how that might
work. Another method involved cutting several layers of aluminium foil -
again I couldn't see how that might work.