Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. Harry Bloomfield, Esq. is offline

Default Water, water everywhere

After serious thinking GB wrote :
It's interesting that YW trust you to fit the meter.

We once had a new main fitted, bypassing the existing meter, which I removed
and stuck in a cupboard. For years, we had a guy from the water company come
round to read this meter. I'd hand him the meter and he'd duly put the
reading in his machine, and go on his way. I wrote long letters to the water
company about it, but they never seemed to bother to read them.

That is at odds with my own experience with YW, I have always found
them to be exceptionally responsive and giving exceptional service in
response to enquiries. I should point out I only ring or email them, I
have never written a paper letter to them.