Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Pubs with out of date beer barrels

On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 01:30:26 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

snip

In Edinburgh empty houses sometimes have "all fireplaces removed from premises" signs.

We had cast iron fires / surrounds in the Victorian cottage when I
bought it and have since pulled all but one out. A builder doing some
other work here saw them and suggested they were 'worth a bit'.

I took a photograph of one and showed it to a local fire reclaimers,
asking them if it would be any interest and he said 'no thanks' (at
nearly any money).

Whilst it was fairly ornate and undamaged, they really only wanted the
bigger ones (these were mostly bedroom sized). ;-(

So unless the mixed-light-iron scrap price has skyrocketed ... ?

Cheers, T i m