Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Roberts Radio Alarm - clock not setting

On 29/06/2020 12:36, CD wrote:
On 29/06/2020 12:10, Chris Hogg wrote:
Are you sure it gets its time signal from NPL Althorne? I ask because
I have a Roberts radio, much more recent than yours by the sound of
it, that gets its timing from the DAB signal. If the DAB signal is not
available, you have to set the time manually and hope it keeps
correct.

Yes, it's pre DAB. I downloaded the manual that confirms it gets the MSF
signal.

If you're certain yours gets its signal from Althorne, then try just
moving the radio to a different place in the house, as in the past

I did go from down to upstairs but will try other locations.

Does your radio have a telescopic aerial?

It's a loose wire affair, common on clock radios. It gets FM on this OK.

Is 60kHz medium wave? I'm pretty rusty on that sort of
thing.

Not sure, maybe it has another antenna for the MSF?

yes. given that the ferrite is brittle and heavy, it's probly been
dropped - the good news is that you SHOULD be able to glue any bits
together and resolder any broken wires

--
Climate is what you expect but weather is what you get.
Mark Twain