Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike McLeod Mike McLeod is offline

Default Boiler Packed Up

On 29 Jun 2020 07:46:52 GMT, Tim+ wrote:

Mike McLeod wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 22:59:27 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 28/06/2020 21:50, Cynic wrote:
What indicator lamps are lit?

Just the "power" one on the front, as usual.

John Rumm has asked you to check if there is a call for heat. If there
is then examine further links in the sequence.

There's a flow chart in the documentation John kindly linked to.

Is the overheat stat tripped?

Can't find it.

Number 6 in the drawing in the manual.

Tim

Well, yes, it *had* tripped. I couldn't find it!
I had to call out the engineer in the end. I don't *fully* understand
what happened, but the gist of it was the expansion tank had failed,
the pressure in the system had fallen too far, some overheating had
occurred somewhere and the overheat stat tripped out. If it had just
been the trip I'd have been really ****ed off with myself, but the
fact that the tank had to be replaced anyway made it worthwhile
calling out the engineer, so no regrets over the expense. :-)