Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default Boiler Packed Up

On 29/06/2020 01:30, Mike McLeod wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 00:23:16 +0100, Michael Chare
wrote:

On 28/06/2020 23:49, Mike McLeod wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 23:14:25 +0100 (GMT+01:00), Jimk
wrote:

Time to ring the large company then?

Yep, I just wanted to check I hadn't overlooked anything before
calling them.

It looks like you can unplug the burner power cable from the boiler
chassis. If you do this you could then check whether you have power on
pins 1 and 2 when the burner is supposed to be running.

Not sure what you mean by "boiler chassis" - one of my major beefs
with this design is that it has no frame at all to give it rigidity.
It is one ****ty design.
I'll check out your suggestion, though, if you meant "controller
board" instead of boiler chassis. I recall there's a plug/socket on
there for it. Not sure why I didn't think of that myself, but I
didn't......

The power supply cable to the burner can be unplugged. Not all oil
boilers let you do this. It is shown in the manual and can be done on an
earlier version of the boiler which I happen to have.

--
Michael Chare