Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Under sink heaters - recommendations

Martin Brown wrote:
On 27/06/2020 13:02, R D S wrote:
As subject, anyone experirence of such things?

Ta.

Don't unless you have no other choice. We have them in our village hall.

Tedious to install properly, need a vent to the outside and possibly a
pressure reducer, non-return valve and expansion tank to do it properly.
They cannot supply very much hot water at once. They are just about
acceptable in a seldom used toilet but pretty well useless in a kitchen.

They don't all need a vent, the one I recommended (from Screwfix)
doesn't (there is an emergency excess pressure release valve). Nor do
they need any of the other things you suggest unless the water
pressure is over 5 bar (I think that's the limit). The only
requirement is a minumum length of feed pipe with no taps/valves.

If the mains pressure is too high then they work perfectly well with
'tank in the roof space' pressure, that's how I feed both of mine.

--
Chris Green
ยท