Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Why do Screwfix want my mobile number so badly?

Yes I mean I only use one email address on the phone or it would be pinging
away all bloody day.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"John Rumm" wrote in message
news
On 27/06/2020 11:46, Caecilius wrote:
The screwfix website really wants my mobile number when I place an
order: phone number is a required field on the order page, and SMS is
the only way to receive notification when the order is ready for
collection.

Why do Screfix want my mobile number so badly? They send me an order
confirmation email, so why can't they send me another email when the
order is ready for collection? Surely most people can receive emails
on their phone nowadays.

They can, but only if they have setup email on their phone. SMS will work
out of the box. Since they have probably made it part of their social
distancing mechanism for click and collect orders it makes more sense than
relying on the email address.

--
Cheers,

John.