Posted to uk.d-i-y
Farmer Giles[_2_] Farmer Giles[_2_] is offline

Default SWA junction box

On 27/06/2020 18:43, ARW wrote:
On 27/06/2020 09:30, Farmer Giles wrote:
I need to join two lengths of 4mm armoured cable - above groundÂ* - in
fact I'll need three junction boxes in total.

I know I can get this sort of thing - https://tinyurl.com/yc37e53k -
but this is a favour for someone else and I want to try and keep costs
down. Any recommendations for cheaper IP66/67 boxes that will be
robust and durable enough, and which will be a good deal less that £60
in total?

I should add that this cable is to run along a garden border about a
foot off the ground.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/25mm-2-wa...uit-box/26876?

plus lid, gasket, screws and outdoor gland pack.

Wouldn't they be difficult to seal completely? And,in my experience,
galvanised fittings always rust around the threads.

I know that they wouldn't be quite as robust, but wouldn't strong
plastic boxes be better overall?