Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Tung Oil & Val Oil- 2 Questions About Both

1 - Do they go bad sitting in a can? I've got a can of each...could be as
old as 10 years, I don't recall.

2 - Which (if either) could I use on cedar to keep it from turning grey (as
fast)?

I'm making some planter boxes for SWMBO (pictures coming when I'm done) and
wondering what I could use to keep the grey away for as long as possible. I
don't think there will be any ongoing maintenance, but if I can toss on a
fews coats of something to at least keep them looking new for longer, I'd
give it a try.

(These aren't show pieces, just something so she can plant some herbs in
amongst her other plants.)

Thanks!