Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Solar panel controller - all the same? Recommendations?

On 27/06/2020 22:08, Paul wrote:

https://www.briandorey.com/post/low-...-using-max8212

https://datasheets.maximintegrated.c...11-MAX8212.pdf

The leakage current isn't zero, but it's a relatively simple circuit.

I wonder if it oscillates around the cut off point. 0.3V hysteresis
seems too low.
Battery under load gets to 12.4V and the circuit cuts off the output.
Battery no longer under load and recovers to 12.7V and circuit restores
output.
Battery now under load at 12.4V and ..........

Any circuit that requires a heat sink in such a small enclosed die cast
box is going to run at elevated temperatures. I personally would have
chosen a capacitor temperature rated at 105C