Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimk Jimk is offline

Default Windoze 10, laptops dropping WiFi connections

Jimk Wrote in message:
Tim+ Wrote in message:
Jimk wrote:
We have a couple of Lenovo laptops running win10 mostly used by my
sons to do school work, gaming & occasionally by
me!

Annoyingly they both regularly but intermittently drop their
connection to the house wifi, then reconnect. Then "some time"
later they do it again, sometines it's minutes sometimes it's
hours, so I'm pretty sure it's not the router lease expiring &
renewing

The house WiFi is a Plusnet hub one with both 2.4 & 5ghz WiFi
networks (different SSIDs), I wondered if they were chopping &
changing networks bit I told one m/c to forget the 5ghz network,
& it still drops the 2.4ghz connection... Grrrr...

any pointers where to start?

Got a wireless thermostat anywhere near the router? My mother?s one would
regularly cause a drop in the Wi-Fi connection until we moved the router
further away.

Tim

No it's upstairs & so is the receiver...
I should point out that other devices on the WiFi appear to stay
attached "all day"... Just these laptops have episodes of
dropping & reconnecting....

Oh & the old Wii that's on & off all day whilst in "standby" -
powered but "off" yellow power light....

--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/